Obama Narrative Needs to Reflect al-Qaeda On The Run
According to Press Secretary Josh Earnest there are two reasons, the first is that it was a unanimous recommendation from his national security team and the second that unbelievable excuse that GITMO is a recruiting tool for terrorism. The real question is, are we better off with terrorists in prison or free to do what they inevitably do?
In September of 2012, Obama addressed the UN with some incredible words, but they explain why he is releasing all the terrorist if you pay attention to his words. Note that his comments about tolerance is part of the statement that “The Future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam. Not that Muslims need to be tolerant, but that we must tolerate and not slander. In the Islamic world, criticism of any kind is considered slander. Talking about the Arab Spring as though it was a positive change, he said the following:
“We insisted on change in Egypt, because our support for democracy put us on the side of the people.
“We supported a transition of leadership in Yemen, because the interests of the people were not being served by a corrupt status quo.
“We intervened in Libya alongside a broad coalition, and with the mandate of the U.N. Security Council, because we had the ability to stop the slaughter of innocents; and because we believed that the aspirations of the people were more powerful than a tyrant.
“And as we meet here, we again declare that the regime of Bashar al-Assad must come to an end so that the suffering of the Syrian people can stop, and a new dawn can begin.”
Egypt under the control of The Muslim Brotherhood was a disaster, Yemen is now a safe haven for terrorist training camps as is Libya and ISIS is in control of half of Syria.
According to Obama’s press secretary, Josh Earnest, prisoners are being released based on “a unanimous recommendation from his national security team.”
That would be the same national security team to failed to recommend that a high ranking official from the Obama Administration march with other world leaders in a show of unity against terrorist attacks. To some that demonstrates beyond a doubt that this national security team lacks the instincts and judgment to conduct U.S. national security policy. In an administration that cared, they would have been fired a long time ago.
President Barack Hussein Obama said some AMAZING things today in his speech at the United Nations. He praised the Arab Spring and the Muslim Brotherhood, and said they have the FULL SUPPORT of America. He defended the Prophet Mohammed. He said that when Muslim “extremists” kill Americans, it is the Muslims who suffer more than we do. And in closing he said that America must follow the words of Ghandi, and be guided by Ghandi’s beliefs. But don’t take our word for it – read it for yourself.
Among the many gems in Obama’s One World Government speech to the United Nations this morning. Everything you read is a direct quote:
- “Let us remember that Muslims have suffered the most at the hands of extremism. On the same day our civilians were killed in Benghazi, a Turkish police officer was murdered in Istanbul only days before his wedding; more than ten Yemenis were killed in a car bomb in Sana’a; and several Afghan children were mourned by their parents just days after they were killed by a suicide bomber in Kabul.”
- “The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam. Let us condemn incitement against Sufi Muslims, and Shiite pilgrims.”
- “It is time to heed the words of Gandhi: “Intolerance is itself a form of violence and an obstacle to the growth of a true democratic spirit.” That is what America embodies, and that is the vision we will support.”
- “We know from painful experience that the path to security and prosperity does not lie outside the boundaries of international law and respect for human rights.”
- “… crude and disgusting video sparked outrage throughout the Muslim world. I have made it clear that the United States government had nothing to do with this video, and I believe its message must be rejected by all who respect our common humanity.”
- “It has been less than two years since a vendor in Tunisia set himself on fire to protest the oppressive corruption in his country, and sparked what became known as the Arab Spring. Since then, the world has been captivated by the transformation that has taken place, and the United States has supported the forces of change.”
If, as U.N. Representative Samantha Power once opined, Obama himself inspired the Arab Spring, it must be viewed as a success. Closing GITMO is part of that success and the only way to do that is to release everyone there as quickly as possible.
A new report from Judicial Watch, “Freed Gitmo Captive Opens ISIS Base in Afghanistan,” is another indication of why this must stop and why Obama’s National Security team needs to be replaced.
News reports confirm that a Gitmo alum who once led a Taliban unit has established the first Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) base in Afghanistan.
His name is Mullah Abdul Rauf and international and domestic media reports say he’s operating in Helmand province, actively recruiting fighters for ISIS. Citing local sources, a British newspaper writes that Rauf set up a base and is offering good wages to anyone willing to fight for the Islamic State. Rauf was a corps commander during the Taliban’s 1996-2001 rule of Afghanistan, according to intelligence reports. After getting captured by U.S. forces, he was sent to Gitmo in southeast Cuba but was released in 2007.