Is Fluoride Harmful?
This issue have been around for decades and has involved propaganda techniques that tried to demonize anyone that questioned Fluoride’s health effects. Now Harvard has weighed in with a medical study that water fluoridation (even natural) shows a profound mental retardation effect on children when the levels are high, Seven IQ points on average. That is a staggering amount that would push millions worldwide from being considered of normal intelligence to being mentally retarded.
Harvard Study: For years health experts have been unable to agree on whether fluoride in the drinking water may be toxic to the developing human brain. Extremely high levels of fluoride are known to cause neurotoxicity in adults, and negative impacts on memory and learning have been reported in rodent studies, but little is known about the substance’s impact on children’s neurodevelopment. In a meta-analysis, researchers from Harvard School of Public Health (HSPH) and China Medical University in Shenyang for the first time combined 27 studies and found strong indications that fluoride may adversely affect cognitive development in children. Based on the findings, the authors say that this risk should not be ignored, and that more research on fluoride’s impact on the developing brain is warranted.
The average loss in IQ was reported as a standardized weighted mean difference of 0.45, which would be approximately equivalent to seven IQ points for commonly used IQ scores with a standard deviation of 15.* Some studies suggested that even slightly increased fluoride exposure could be toxic to the brain. Thus, children in high-fluoride areas had significantly lower IQ scores than those who lived in low-fluoride areas. The children studied were up to 14 years of age, but the investigators speculate that any toxic effect on brain development may have happened earlier, and that the brain may not be fully capable of compensating for the toxicity. http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/features/fluoride-childrens-health-grandjean-choi/
Abby Martin of RT has done the below video segment looking at this issue:
There is more:
FACTS ABOUT FLUORIDE
– Fluoride is a waste by-product of the fertilizer and aluminum industry and it’s also a Part II Poison under the UK Poisons Act 1972.
– USAF Major George R. Jordan testified before Congress in the 1950’s that in his post as U.S.-Soviet liaison officer, the Soviets openly admitted to “Using the fluoride in the water supplies in their concentration camps, to make the prisoners stupid, docile, and subservient.”
– 97% of western Europe has rejected fluoridated water due to the known health risks.
– In Germany, Belgium and Luxembourg fluoridation of water was rejected because it was classified as compulsive medication against the subject’s will and therefore violated fundamental human rights.
– In November of 2006, the American Dental Association (ADA) advised that parents should avoid giving babies fluoridated water.