Benghazi Security Team Breaks Silence, Condradicts Adm Official Account that No Stand Down Orders Given

Benghazi Security Team Breaks Silence, Condradicts Adm Official Account that No Stand Down Orders Given

Three members of the security team scheduled to appear on a Fox News Special tonight hosted by Bret Baier

Top CIA officer in Benghazi delayed response to terrorist attack, US security team members claim

A U.S. security team in Benghazi was held back from immediately responding to the attack on the American diplomatic mission on orders of the top CIA officer there, three of those involved told Fox News’ Bret Baier.

Their account gives a dramatic new turn to what the Obama administration and its allies would like to dismiss as an “old story” – the September 11, 2012 Benghazi attacks that killed U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens and three other Americans.

Speaking out publicly for the first time, the three were security operators at the secret CIA annex in Benghazi – in effect, the first-responders to any attack on the diplomatic compound. Their first-hand account will be told in a Fox News special, airing Friday night at 10 p.m. (EDT).

Based on the new book “13 Hours: The Inside Account of What Really Happened in Benghazi” by Mitchell Zuckoff with the Annex Security Team, the special sets aside the political spin that has freighted the Benghazi issue for the last two years, presenting a vivid, compelling narrative of events from the perspective of the men who wore the “boots on the ground.”

The security contractors — Kris (“Tanto”) Paronto,  Mark (“Oz”) Geist, and John (“Tig”) Tiegen — spoke exclusively, and at length, to Fox News about what they saw and did that night. Baier, Fox News’ Chief Political Anchor, asked them about one of the most controversial questions arising from the events in Benghazi: Was help delayed?

The House Armed Services Committee report on the Benghazi terrorist attack of September 11th, 2012, among other key findings,  states that there was no stand down order issued to U.S. military personnel in Tripoli who sought to join the fight in Benghazi. The report also contradicts testimony on the deadly terrorist attack given by Gregory Hicks, the second in the diplomatic chain of command in Libya, on May 7, 2013  before the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee.

So it appears the non-story is back in the news, still in question…….for now.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *